December 12, 2022 | Recipes | Marina Elettra Snow
Nina's Easy Homemade Spinach Lasagna Noodles
- about 8 oz of fresh spinach leaves wilted and pureed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Take the 2 cups of flour and place on the counter. Make a well in the center of the flour. Add eggs, oil, and salt and, using a fork, begin to incorporate with flour.
- Add spinach to the well and continue to incorporate with a fork. Then with hands continue to add flour to create a ball of beautiful green dough. If it’s dry, add a little water to get an elastic but not sticky dough. If it’s too sticky, add a little more flour.
- Place dough on floured surface and knead for 10 minutes then let the dough rest for 10 more minutes. Cut dough into 4-5 smaller balls and roll them out using a pasta machine. With a knife, trim rolled-out dough to make two-inch wide noodles. Place on a rack (or the back of chairs covered with clean tea towels!) for at least 10 minutes before cooking.
- Cook fresh noodles in gently boiling water with a little olive oil and salt for about 3-5 minutes. Fresh pasta cooks more quickly and is more delicate. Rinse gently under cold water and use right away to build your lasagna!
For meat-based lasagnas we recommend a good Sangiovese wine like our Abbadia Ardenga Rosso di Montalcino - 2019 Rosso di Montalcino DOC. Enjoy!